Emu4iOS used to be a Cydia-only repository but, given the lack of updates to the third-party store, the developers decided to make Emu4iOS work without Cydia. It is perfectly legal to use and safe – the developers have given it a thorough going over in terms of testing to ensure there is no malware and nothing else that can have an adverse effect on your device or data.
It is also free but, while it is safe and reliable, there may come a time when you need to delete it from your device. This may be because you no longer have any use for it or it has one or two niggling errors that are best solved by deleting Emu4iOS and then reinstalling it. Whatever the reason, we’re going to show you four ways to delete Emu4iOS from your device:
How to Delete Emu4iOS :
Pick whichever method suits you:
Method 1: Deleting Emu4iOS From Your Home Screen
- Unlock your device and find the Emu4iOS icon on your home screen
- Tap and hold it ( do not open the app )
- The icon will begin to wiggle and you will see a small cross on the top-right corner of it
- Tap this icon and then tap Delete to confirm when the popup message appears
- Emu4iOS will be removed from your home screen and your device
Video : Demonstrates how to remove Emu4iOS from your device
Method 2: Deleting the Emu4iOS Profile
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad screen and go to Settings
- Next, tap General and then Profile and Device Management
- Find the Emu4iOS profile and tap it
- Tap Delete Profile and close your Settings app
- Emu4iOS will be deleted from your device
Method 3: Restoring Your Device With iTunes
First make sure that your iTunes version is up to date – open iTunes on your computer, click Help>Check for Update and follow the prompts on the screen to update if required.
- Open iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac and plug in the device you want to restore
- You may get a “Trust this Computer” message; if you do, click on Yes
- If you have more than one registered device, click the name of the connected one in iTunes
- Next, click the button that says Restore and choose the backup you want to restore from – hopefully you have been backing your data up regularly. Choose a backup version that was done before you installed Emu4iOS
- Click Restore and wait; iTunes will restore your iPhone or iPad to the chosen backup.
- Do NOT disconnect your device – after it restarts, it needs to sync with your Mac or PC. When that has been down, you can disconnect and Emu4iOS will be gone from your device
Method 4: Restoring Your Device to Factory Settings
Be aware that this will remove all your data and settings from your device so back everything up if you haven’t already done so.
- Open your Settings app and go to General
- At the bottom of the list is an option to Reset – click this
- Now tap the option to Erase All Content and Settings
- If requested, input your passcode
- Tap on Reset to confirm
- Wait; restoring your device to factory settings can take a while. When your device reboots, the restore has been successful and you can set your device up
All of these methods will remove Emu4iOS from your iPhone or iPad completely and, if you want, you can download Emu4iOS again using the linked tutorial.
Have you deleted Emu4iOS from your device? Tell us why and follow us on Facebook for more updates.