GBA4iOS was developed by Riley Testut (twitter) and originally used a flaw in the iOS to work. After that was patched Testut went to work on developing a new version of the emulator app and now we have GBA4iOS v2.1, full of useful features, many of which previous users have requested.
With over 10+ million downloads, this emulator has proven itself as the most downloaded emulator of all time and we’ll be showing you how to get it on your iOS device.
How to Download GBA4iOS :
GBA4iOS is no longer available in the iOS app store but there are two other ways to get it:
Method 1: For iOS ( iPhone )
- Tap the button above
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download GBA4iOS
Method 2: GBA4iOS .IPA
This is a bit more complicated; we are using Cydia Impactor to sideload GBA4iOS. You must have an up to date version of iTunes on your computer even though you wont be using it.
When that’s done you can get on with downloading this emulator :
- Download Cydia Impactor from https://cydiaimpactor.app (copy-paste link in browser) onto your computer, choosing the Mac or Windows version
- Now download the GBA4iOS IPA file from the download links above.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and close iTunes if it opens
- Open Cydia Impactor, click Menu and then click your device
- Open the .ipa file and drag it into the Cydia Impactor window
- Close Cydia Impactor and open your Settings app
- Click on General > Profile and Device Management
- From the list of app profiles, click on GBA4iOS and click Trust
- Come out of settings and you can start using the iPhone emulator to play your console games.
Emulator Features :
GBA 4iOS has to be the most feature-packed of all emulator apps and includes:
- Wireless linking support
- A choice of skins
- Brand new logo for the app icon
- Fully optimized for iPad and iPhone
- Supports GB, GBA and GBC gaming
- Includes a built-in browser
- Supports Dropbox
- Updated regularly
- Support for cheat codes
- Multiple save states
- Airplay support
- Controller vibration mode
- Event distribution
- Sustain button
- URL scheme support
- External iOS 7 controller support
- Fast Forward option
- Loads more
GBA4iOS is a great emulator so give it a go and tell us what you think. For more developer updates, you can follow us on Facebook