With jailbreaks pretty much non-existent now, so many of us are left without being able to access Cydia and download our favorite tweaks and apps. One of the most popular of those apps is called iFile and, although there is no jailbreak now, there is a way that you can download it without Cydia. Apple has always been against jailbreaking and has always said that they will stop it and it looks as if they may well have succeeded, if not entirely then they have at least made things difficult for the developers. Before we talk about downloading it, we’ll look at what iFile is and how it can help you.
What is iFile App ?
iFile is one of the most advanced third-party apps you will ever find. With all their restrictions, Apple will not allow you access to your file system even though they do allow you to access your Mac file system using Finder. So, a file manager app was developed to help us and now everyone can use iFile without Cydia. If you are not familiar with iFile, keep reading to find out what it does.
iFile Features :
iFile is full of features, far too many to go into but one of the things it does is allows you to see all the types of file on your device:
- Web archive
- Microsoft files
- Compressed formats
- Apple iWork
With any multimedia or software file on your device, you can:
- Move it
- Give it a new name
- Copy and paste it
- Import into your iPod library
- Edit your text and property lists, like configuration files
- Install .deb packages to your device
- Zip/unzip compressed files
You can easily move files to and from your device:
- Use a browser or a network drive with the built-in web server to upload and download your files
- Use a Toshiba FlashAir Card to view and download your files
- Manage your FTP and Dropbox files
- Mount Apple .dmg files
- Add files to emails as an attachment
- Use Bluetooth to send your files to another iFile device
Making life easier for you, iFile has integration with:
- Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing
- Safari Download Manager
How to Download iFile :
Method 1 : iOS
- Directly click on the button above from HipStore app.
Method 2 : IPA File
Downloading iFile is quite simple; all you need to do is download the iFile .ipa file first. First though, here’s how to get iFile:
- Download iFile IPA ( file ) onto your computer , following the instructions at the linked post
- Open Cydia Impactor and sideload the ipa file using the software . Download Cydia Impactor from the following link https://cydiaimpactor.app
- Run iFile on your iPhone or iPad.
iFile File Manager is a real gem of an app and the features will prove incredibly useful to any user. Download it and see what you think of it, especially if you have never used it before and don’t forget to tell us what you think. For more tips and tricks you can follow us on Facebook