While there were many reasons why jailbreaking was so popular, the main one was because it allowed us to modify our devices, to download apps and tweaks that let us do what Apple wouldn’t and one of those things was to play console games without a games console. This was done by installing an emulator for the relevant console on the iPhone or iPad and then playing the game through that. Cydia hasn’t been updated properly for a long while but those emulators are still available for use outside of Cydia. An external app called PPSSPP has been released and it looks likely to be one of the most popular apps ever.
What is PPSSPP ?
PPSSPP is a third-party emulator app that doesn’t need a jailbreak to work. It provides support for all PlayStation based consoles, making your console game-playing experience the best from any emulator. It also supports multiple devices although you should have at least 2GB Ram on your device so that you get the best experience possible – anything less and some of the more graphic-rich games won’t play properly.
PPSSPP Features :
- Simple download instructions
- Easy to find what you want
- Works without a jailbreak
- Supports compatible devices on iOS 10 and above
- Supports any Android device on v4 or higher, some Smart TVs and some TV boxes
- Support included for more than 19 hosts and consoles, including PPSSPP, GBA, GBC, PlayStation and many more
- All types of user catered to, with every console game you could think of
- Built-in support for multiplayer online games
- Record gameplay and share it with your friends using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Wi-Fi isn’t necessary for some online multiplayer games as they are played on local servers
- Download your games easily and securely from the cloud; all game data and settings are stored too so if you need to sync your games across devices you can
- Support for one-click play means you only need the one emulator for multiple consoles
- Ability to come up with your own game controls and game maps
- More features
Compatible Devices :
PPSSPP works on all the following devices on iOS 10 and above :
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
It also works on Android 4 or above, some TV boxes and Smart TVs
How to Download PPSSPP :
PPSSPP can’t be downloaded from the app store but you can get it from Mojo installer, a third-party app. Here’s how you get it.
Method 1 : iOS
- Open Emu4iOS download it by directly clicking on the button above from TweakBox app .
Method 2 : IPA File Download
Installing PPSSPP using this method requires Cydia Impactor to install the PPSSPP IPA File ( link ) onto your device. A full step by step tutorial can be found below .
Alternative Download Method :
While Emu4iOS is an easy app installer to use, it isn’t going to work for all users. If you can’t install it or it doesn’t work properly, don’t worry because there is another way to install PPSSPP. Simply download Panda Helper app, and then you can download PPSSPP from there.
Give PPSSPP a try and see what you think of it. Did you find your favorite game? For more updates, you can follow us on Facebook.